Wednesday 3 February 2016

An update on Palefish and where the blog goes from here.

Its about time I wrote something on here to explain what has happened, and to bring new readers up to speed!



I started this Blog a few years ago, when I was cycling with a new club, and fighting the ever increasing middle age spread!
Quite a lot has changed since then.
The Palefish story has expanded and then retracted in the space of  a couple of years.
The Cycle club grew so fast, as did the Facebook page, that before I knew it a monster had been created. The club became a little unwieldy and started to fracture. I took the decision to disband the club and save the Palefish name before the whole thing imploded. This was not a very popular decision with a lot of the members, but in hindsight, and looking at the many groups who still ride together, I think it was for the best.
Where did this leave me? I have reduced my cycling to a minimum, if I was being truthful it is almost non existent at the moment, but one thing hasn't changed, the middle age spread is doing what it always intended to do!

Anyway, I have decided to use this format to share updates on family adventures, and videos from my You Tube channels. Skateboarding has been reintroduced into my life by my boys, and we hope to have a go at surfing, stand up paddle boarding and snowboarding in the future.
As a family we have purchased an old 1983 Volkswagen LT31 Camper van. We (Claire) are currently restoring it and hope to have it up and running for the summer.


So, There will be less cycling, a bit more skateboarding, maybe some weight loss tracking (again) and some family trips in the van to report on.
I will leave the original "About" info below, as I think it shows where this all came from in the beginning.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, you deserve respect for starting a cycling club called Palefish in the first place! At the time when you started Palefish cc cycling was about to explode and the only clubs available were Bnecc or Portsunlight Wheelers plus a few more smaller clubs. Many of the palefish riders may never of got into cycling if it wasn't for your enthusiasm and passion for cycling. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete