Sunday 2 December 2012

Revolution at the Velodrome

This week I left the weekend ride to the professionals!
I have not been to a race at a Velodrome yet, and I thought that the Revolution series was a great excuse to go and see what all the fuss is about riding the boards.
Seeing as it was my birthday, I treated myself to VIP tickets. Basically this gave us access to the track centre, and a few other benefits (including a drinks voucher!)
It was a great night, with some very close racing, and in our VIP position we were treated to a great view.
I also had an opportunity to have a quick chat with Alex Dowsett, who if his racing calendar allows, will be back for the Ten Minutes of hell Time trial in 2013. I did warn him that I was a little quicker that last year! I also spoke to Edd Clancy, and thanked him for putting a link to this blog from his website!

For all the results and details of the series pop over to the Revolution web page
So instead of me blathering on, here are some pictures I snapped during the night.

The BBC Breakfast Crew on a secret mission!

Marianne Voss and Lizzie Armitstead head to head, again




The advantage of VIP tickets, getting close to the riders.

Preparing for the Madison


The Madison Sling 


Sky on the prowl






Three world Champions in a row!
A great spot to watch the racing


I took a small amount of video, just to illustrate how fast the riders are moving round the track. (I think we were stood next to Andy Tennant's Mum or one of his biggest fans!)

Also yesterday was the launch of Spin Cycle magazine. I have added a page link at the top of the blog, The mag is written, edited, photographed and generally created by cyclists for cyclists. Everyone involved has given their input voluntarily, so why not put the kettle on, make a brew and indulge yourself in the best that the North West cycling scene has to offer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment