Friday 21 October 2011

Confidence is returning!

It's amazing how quickly confidence can be lost, and how long it takes to return! After last weeks events with hills and tubes, I've been a little cautious on descents, not wanting to push it, waiting for the now familiar "pop and hiss"! But tonight I decided to give it a go, and went for it down Telegraph road from Thurstaston, hitting 39.3mph top speed. Not bad into a head wind! I still think I need some new tyres, so whilst the bike is in Vita Cycles for its service next week, I'm hoping the Vittoria Open Pave Evo fairy will wave her  magic tyre leavers!!(sorry Barry)
I'm going for a quick spin in the morning, probably not with the team, as my chest is still not 100% and I don't want to hold them back, but if anyone wants to join me for a B team ride of about an hour and a half at a less rapid pace, I'll be at the shop at 9.30.

Tonight's ride details: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/123260773#

No comments:

Post a Comment